Z

Updated
Jeff H.

Any chance of a Z reunion? Saw Z in Chicago many moons ago. Asked Ahmet about it at the hologram tour in Baltimore. The whole Z band was there except you. Brotherly Love comes from Motherly Love. 

Brian A.

That sounds amazing! Memories of Z's performance in Chicago are certainly memorable. Hopefully you will have a chance to see group Z again in the near future. It will definitely be a great experience!

Jeffree  S.

A Z reunion is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The band members have all expressed backpack battles interest in reuniting at some point, and they've even hinted at it in interviews in recent years. However, it seems like it would need to be the right time and the right circumstances for all of them to come together.

mm-exp.com

I'm still not listening to the Son of Uncle Fester.  Did he do the light bulb trick when you met him? When you bring up the hologram tour it really chaps my ass.

Before the feud went private, SOUF, made a really corporate/legal/house of mouse/ type media statement, lamenting that he didn't understand why DZ wouldn't want to join FZ onstage in a virtual concert.  That made my head explode, because, without realizing it, SOUF was admitting that he, DZ's only brother, actually never took the time to see one single ZPZ show, a project DZ poured his guts into. ¿¿¿como se dice, Cringeworthy???

He became one of the top guitarists/bandleaders on Earth, and he is the only curator of FZ's media legacy

I shouldn't have said anything, but really??? Z? I wish the Jackson 5 could reunite

DZ has handled all the horror with aplomb.  The one time I met him, he was so kind and generous to me, providing crucial knowledge I had not been able to find anywhere, and I noticed that he has that rare gift of laid-back chill while tackling extremely stressful material projects, much like a NASA flight controller.  SOUF and Look here Diva (long drum roll) clearly don't understand what it takes, because they can't be bothered? That's fine.

I just happen to really be into the 2022 HRO right now, and for years to come.  FZ would envy the 2022 HRO.  I mean that. Let's enjoy the memories, Let's move forward. Zero chance. Sorry to go all Swifty Beyhive on everyone.

Jeff H.

Hope you feel better now. It was a simple question with hopeful results. Trust me when I say that I am a devoted DZ fan attending over 14 shows in 5 different cities with multi lineups, many friends and family as guests and all were over the top experiences. 

mm-exp.com

Fair enough, my friend. And God bless you for investing your time and money.  I'm just saying...DZ would have to give up something substantial to make that happen. Should he take time from the HRO?  Maybe spend less time with his wife and kids?  Even the most awesome guitar rock Gods are humans at the end of the day, including and especially DZ and FZ.  I just can't see any reason why he would, or should, take that on. To continue down the whole empathetic fan road, you might also consider that DZ likely did 99% of the actual work that was Z. I'm sure those guys would love to do Z again, no doubt, but my empathy car just died.  I'm outta gas. I'm going to listen to Inca Roads again right now. You go Jeff H.  I'm glad to be on the same team with you, and everyone here.  I think we're all coming from a good place. You take care, my friend!

IBS

@Dweezil Who wrote the song I Can't Fuck Without Falling In Love, which Z performed in 1991, and Beverly D'Angelo reprised at the Shampoohorn release party?

Eric C.

Saw Adam Minkoff on the Capitol Theater live stream with an amazing cast of musicians including Jorma Kaukonen, GE Smith, Larry Campbell and Theresa Williams. It might be on you tube now. Adam was amazing and played bass guitar.  

Eric C.

And here is a sample. 

William T.
Eric C.

https://youtu.be/RlSf953Y234 

adam on bass playing white rabbit 

Lesa M.

When you and the band perform in LA next, I’ll be there wearing a big smile. {-

Lesa M.

And my FZ tattoo.

Tommy Quirk

Our Beef Mailboxes shall remain empty. 

Russell S.

Hey Dweezil hope all is well sure do miss seeing a live show your band is such a talent let’s hope 22 is the year you tour I missed my 9th show because of this shit thanks for continuing to put out music we all love keep it up 

the ^pex

^

Chris D.

Hey Dweezil,

Glasgow/Scotland says hi! 

When are you going to come and entertains us with some crazy genius music?

Chris

Jeff H.

Was kinds expecting that answer but hoping for a different one. Respect your decision and looking forward to your next tour. 

Christopher G.

my brother is a dick too. ZpZ always! 

Frank T.

Hi, Zach released music last week that has already gotten 120,000 streams and it was featured on the XPosure show by DJ John Kennedy of Radio X UK in London last weekend. 

Here is a link for one of the songs.

Do you think it has any "commercial potential "!??

https://music.apple.com/us/album/leah/1605485350?i=1605485351&ls

Mike J.

Hey Dweezil,

Hope you're well my friend. When will you be in Vegas again, just a hop, skip and jump from LA? You're due!

Goozle

Brothers ain’t easy 

alwayways lookin for a treaty

its always beyond reality

Post to Thread